Re: Etch Release Tracking in debbugs (Was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, David Nusinow wrote:
> The problem with this is that adding a lot of features to the BTS
> while it's in use for etch may not be the wisest move. The last
> thing we need is having our bug system go down because we're hacking
> on it. I can imagine a parallel BTS which is in development and can
> be used for this task. As it proves its worth for tracking the
> release, code can be moved in to mainline.

There's really nothing stoping anyone who wants to work on the BTS (or
things depending on the BTS) from setting up their own BTS or
mirroring the BTS while they hack away. I've set up my own[1] to test
my own patches... it's really not all that difficult to do.

Don Armstrong

1: http://bugs.donarmstrong.com
--
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.