Re: Induction of new members to the technical committee

Hi Manoj,

On Tuesday, 20 Dec 2005, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         Given that some of the current members of the technical
>  committee have been unavailable for a while, and others have moved on
>  from an active involvement with Debian, the technical committee, in
>  conjunction with the project leader, would like to appoint new
>  members to bring the committee back up to strength.
>
>         So I hereby propose that this committee recommend to the
>  the Debian project leader the following individuals to be candidates
>  for induction into the technical committee (as per section 6.2.2 of
>  the constitution)
>
>    o) Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
>    o) Anthony Towns <ajt@debian.org>
>    o) Andreas Barth <aba@debian.org>
>

>         I would like to call for a public vote on the appointment
>  (subject to acceptance) as per section 6.3.4 of the constitution.

actually, i would like to know how this persons have been
appointed/selected? Will this work like any other vote, so anyone can be
recommented? Or does the CTTE need to assign this person by it's own?

It's not that i disagree with the discission, but i would like to
recomment to _not_ take persons who are already having a huge load in
Debian.

Greetings
Martin