Re: Approaching VMware (and others) to get Debian listed as supported ?

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 04:27:16PM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > Er... does this mean they're unwilling to support (386,686,686-smp,k7,k7-smp)
> > flavors, or they're unwilling to support both a 2.4 and a 2.6 kernel, or
> > what?

> I recall explaining our release process to them.  But at the time, sarge
> was nowhere in sight and they had the impression most people used sid
> (which as Ben also reports they felt moved too fast for them to support.)
> and compiled their own kernels.

Ok, but people that are going to care about whether Debian is in the
supported list for VMWare are most likely going to be willing to accept that
only the stable released version is supported.

I mean, I heard that most people use Debian instead of Red Hat, too, but I
guess that didn't keep them from certifying Red Hat. ;)