Re: Debian UK

* MJ Ray (mjr@phonecoop.coop) wrote:
> Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > I believe there is some animosity due to the opt-out issue but that's
> > not what I'm focused on since it's not terribly interesting. [...]
>
> No, not interesting, until something you disagree with is done
> in your name without consent.  When it's a technical question,
> everyone flames quickly for freedom or the demonstrably
> best, but it feels the other way on ethical questions now.
> The particular cases may not worry many people yet, but the
> character assassination and disrespect is disturbing me.

I already pointed out that I thought it was a bad idea and that it needs
to be resolved in another thread...  Sorry, I'm not terribly interested
in fighting for it though, you seemed to be doing a fine job of that
yourself and indeed at least one of the Debian-UK people seemed to
indicate that they were going to change things to make it opt-in
instead so perhaps you've already won that battle...

> Good luck with discovering debian's attitude to commerce,
> whatever the outcome.

	Thanks,

		Stephen