Re: What happened to archive.debian.org?

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 01:17:06PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> > On Mon Aug 15, 2005 at 10:14:09 +0100, Philip Hands wrote:

> >>I've pointed archive at saens -- it will take a little while to propogate.
> >>Of course, if there were reasons for not doing that, please tell me.

> > saens doesn't have potato. Someone should update the archive.

> Well spotted -- I've copied that in place.

> This makes me wonder -- is anyone archiving the non-US portion of the old
> distros?  Also are the old non-US sections now something that we could
> actually host in the USA given changes in export regulations or would we
> still have patent problems with some of it?

The packages that remained in non-US/non-free until its demise are not
packages that Debian has ever done export notification for, so I don't think
it would be a good idea for the project to republish them from an archive in
the US.

The packages in non-US/main have *mostly* been integrated into main, so
AFAICT it would be appropriate to include those packages on
archive.debian.org, but if you're keen to do this it may simply be better
(or at least safer) to get BXA notifications sent for all the packages.