Re: Pledge To Killfile Andrew Suffield

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 07:09:09PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> I've no grudge against David Nusinow, but rather than
> using this expression being parroted around debian,
> aimed at various different people, maybe you should take
> a really long, hard try at writing a more original post?
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-uk/2005-August/010524.html

I'd like to think I was being a little more polite than the message you
give here. I honestly would like to see some genuine reflection on this at
some point. Maybe once the normal reflex to be defensive has died down,
this can happen in earnest.

> If one's not happy with a message, we hit "postpone" or "delete"
> instead of "send". Simply looking at ourselves again immediately
> won't change it. We're not all split personalities or two-faced.

I'm not talking about examining one or even ten messages. I'm hoping for
serious reflection on a general pattern and attitude. No accusations of
split personalities or anything, merely an exhortation to really think
about why even Andrew's defenders say "I know he's a jerk, but even he
doesn't deserve this."

For what it's worth, I have an incredible amount of respect for Andrew's
technical abilities and his contributions on debian-legal. I'd much rather
see him and everyone get along, but something has to change for that to
happen.

 - David Nusinow