Re: ping the mirrors team

also sprach MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> [2005.08.08.2259 +0200]:
> Since 1 July, new mirror reports open a wishlist bug against
> the mirrors package and someone handles it when we get time.
> We'd welcome more help with http://bugs.debian.org/mirrors -
> if you're not a DD, mail me patches. Warning: I'm doing some
> work on it right now.

I am not sure this is such a good idea for privacy reasons. If
I mail mirrors@, I am not warned that my message will be publicly

> I've figured out where the older offers have gone (if any other DD
> will sift the spam sooner, mail me) and I will work on the backlog
> next week.

Yes, there are a bunch of people working on this: Pascal Hakim and
Andreas Barth are probably the most active ones.

> > Anyway, the mirrors team is being reformed, and DSA are working on
> > backlog, so we'll hopefully have this resolved soon.
> I'm one of at least two handling mirrors bugs now. Can you tell me
> how it's being reformed, please? I've heard nothing yet AFAICR.

I don't think people associated you with mirrors previously, and
it's the first time I've seen your name in this context. I think
it's great that you invest your time here, but maybe you should let
people know, or have let them know?

`. `'`
Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
"der beruf ist eine schutzwehr, hinter welche man sich erlaubterweise
 zurückziehen kann, wenn bedenken und sorgen allgemeiner art einen
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche