Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Steve Langasek wrote:
> - KDE is not the default desktop in sarge, even when installing the desktop
>   task
> - "Random" is not the default screensaver choice in KDE (AIUI)

Agreed with these reasons.

> - The objectionable content is *not* shipped as part of Debian
> - Plenty of other content Debian ships *is* objectionable by one group or
>   another...
> - This bug isn't an issue on networks that have filtered web access (which
>   is true of most work environments where this would be a real problem)

Not only large networks are affected, consider an adult's home PC. When
I install Debian on such a system, I don't try to lock down what the
user can do with it, obviously, but I don't configure the system to spew
objectionable content at them, either.

If this had affected the default screen saver, I cannot see how your 3
points would really contribute to it not being RC.

--
see shy jo