Re: Advertising on Planet Debian

Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Martin Schulze dijo [Fri, May 06, 2005 at 06:21:20AM +0200]:
> > > In the end, isn't this a blog aggregator? It isn't a mailing list and I don't
> > > think the same rules apply. Effectively, Planet is trying to impose editorial
> > > conditions on peoples *diaries*.
> >
> > You named it.  It contains diaries.  It's an aggregator of of personal
> > web logs, not an aggregator of (commercial) press releases.  I feel
> > that makes a big difference.
>
> Yes, it is a personal diary. I feel some things regarding my job
> deserve appearing in my (publicly available) personal diary, so that
> anybody that stumbles upon it know what I have been doing, what is
> interesting or important for me. And sometimes information regarding
> what my employer (or, in this case, his business) is doing does no
> harm.

That's nothing I disagree with.

However, distributing plain commercial press releases is something
I personally don't want to see on Debian Planet (or debian-news or
debian-devel for that matter).  That's my personal oppinion and other
people may disagree, which is their good right.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.