Re: Advertising on Planet Debian

Ean Schuessler wrote:
> On Monday 02 May 2005 10:55 pm, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Writing about ones work and how the own company or job evolves should
> > be pretty ok.  Even reporting *about* the new strategy of the company
> > should be fine.  However, I believe that simply quoting the company's
> > press release is advertising (oh, and hence should be fined with
> > $1,000, whoops *g*).  We are not accepting this on the debian-* lists
> > normally, so why should Debian honor this on Planet Debian?
>
> In the end, isn't this a blog aggregator? It isn't a mailing list and I don't
> think the same rules apply. Effectively, Planet is trying to impose editorial
> conditions on peoples *diaries*.

You named it.  It contains diaries.  It's an aggregator of of personal
web logs, not an aggregator of (commercial) press releases.  I feel
that makes a big difference.

> What are the conditions to be aggregated on Planet anyway? Be a Debianer? If
> that's the only criteria then you should just tough it out through the
> occasional press release. It only takes a day for something like that to roll
> off.

Be related to Debian and not write 100% crap or something?  *shrug*

Regards,

	Joey

--
If nothing changes, everything will remain the same.  -- Barne's Law