Re: Advertising on Planet Debian

On Monday 02 May 2005 10:55 pm, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Writing about ones work and how the own company or job evolves should
> be pretty ok.  Even reporting *about* the new strategy of the company
> should be fine.  However, I believe that simply quoting the company's
> press release is advertising (oh, and hence should be fined with
> $1,000, whoops *g*).  We are not accepting this on the debian-* lists
> normally, so why should Debian honor this on Planet Debian?

In the end, isn't this a blog aggregator? It isn't a mailing list and I don't
think the same rules apply. Effectively, Planet is trying to impose editorial
conditions on peoples *diaries*.

What are the conditions to be aggregated on Planet anyway? Be a Debianer? If
that's the only criteria then you should just tough it out through the
occasional press release. It only takes a day for something like that to roll
off.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com