Re: How to be debian developer

Re: Rapid Sun in <[🔎] 4236AC7E.9030303@nida.gov.kh>
> Last month, i have attended Debian Mini Conference in Beijing. The
> project manager, Mr. Martin, mentioned about helping Debian.
> Cambodia is new to Open Source. I am very interesting in this and some
> of my students want to be debian developer.

There are many ways to get involved: go to the #debian channels on
IRC, fix some bugs on bugs.debian.org, find a nice package to adopt
(see the wnpp bugs) or package a new one, etc...

This is all summarized at http://www.debian.org/devel/join/, which
also has pointers to all kinds of documentation.

The baseline is: you don't ask for participating, you just do it by
getting involded in the areas you are interested in.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/