Re: Bits from the ftpmasters

[Matthew Palmer]
> Do you believe that the ftpmaster team might be amenable to either of
> the proposals mooted recently, such as multiple people certifying
> that the package is OK (like "advocates for packages"), or a
> collection of clueful DDs doing these sanity checks on NEW packages?

The crypto export thing is a potential problem, but it seems to me that
it has a pretty straightforward solution: host the NEW queue on a
machine outside the US.  Then it may as well be anon-HTTP-accessible as
far as the US government would care.  (Of course, there may be other
reasons not to take the NEW queue public, like the possibility that
something with a non-free license, which doesn't permit that sort of
distribution at all, gets that far.)