Re: Bits from the ftpmasters

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 12:24:49AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> writes:
>
> > NEW would still have to be processed by hand, though -- crypto notifications
> > still need to be sent, ...
>
> I still fail to see any reason why this has to be done _by_hand_.
>
> Isn't the mail send always the same format? Can't that be totaly
> automated into a "accept foobar" script?

AFAIK, we don't notify for every new piece of software in the archive, just
those which would fall foul of the export restrictions.  It's a bit tricky
to automatically determine which packages have crypto in them, and asking
package maintainers to pick it might be a bit hard.  I wonder if it would be
reasonable to just tell the DoC all of the new packages we have, though...

- Matt