Re: Limiting number of post from a poster per day per list

Osamu Aoki wrote:
> We all know we waste too much time on ML discussing and reading many
> postings.  We must have some rule for ML to improve this situation.

Aha, silencing the poster will improve the situation?

> I think limiting a number of post per user (per ML) will help reduce
> noise in our discussion on ML.  Perticulary -devel, -legal, ...  I think
> this limit can be purely honor system initially.

There's no way to stop people from useing foo@bar.org for the first 5
posts, then foo@myhost.bar.org for the next 5, then foo@otherhost.bar...
This will only result in stupid addresses on the lists.

Limiting free speech for list contributors is probably not what the
Debian project should do.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If nothing changes, everything will remain the same.  -- Barne's Law