Re: A proposal for Debian

[cc:ed because I suspect you're not on the list. No need to cc me]
On Saturday 10 July 2004 19.47, Simone Brunozzi wrote:

> If I just say: "I'm Simone Brunozzi, I'm offering debian
> certification" people would just laugh.

Not so sure about that.

If you already have working experience with Debian, and you can show the
work you've done (your small company certainly has customers who would
let you use their name as a reference?), you certainly already have a
good name with some people.

I'm guessing here, but I think the Debian project would be reluctant to
officially endorse a certification program, especially one that is at
the moment not known at all. OTOH I think if the Debian would
officially communicate that it does not endorse *any* certification
program, then the non-endorsement of your certification program should
be understandable to prospectivce customers (at least if they
understand a bit about how Debian works.)

greetings
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://www.pool.ntp.org