Re: A proposal for Debian

On 2004-07-11 10:20:40 +0100 Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:

There's most certainly always room. I only hate Debian to start something and fail miserably while there are certificates that are accepted, contain
a Debian part which could be improved.

As far as I can tell, LPI is broken and its maintainers show no sign of fixing it or accepting fixes. I feel lack of alternatives and non-obviousness of the bugs are the largest reasons for acceptance of its certificates.

I don't think we are allowed to fork the LPI, although we may be able to learn from them. It seems far cheaper to try a new implementation. I hate to fail too. I have no desire to fail on this.

"Before we try to work out if he's competent,
 let's work out if he's conscious." (anon. exam marker)