Re: Some Comments on Sexism in #debian

Hi, Peter Samuelson wrote:

>> Yes, ok, but I wouldn't call it censorship... more, a type of
>> 'policing'.
>
> Mere matter of terminology.  It *is* censorship.

Hmm... calling that "mere" glosses over some important differences in
meaning.

IMHO:
Censorship means controlling which ideas get propagated,
Policing only controls what you do -- abusive language, disruptive
behavior, belittling others, etc.

Not being a participant in #debian, I don't know which is more of a
problem, nor whether the kind of sexism we're talking about would be
covered by the latter.

--
Matthias Urlichs