Re: Some Comments on Sexism in #debian

[Mike Beattie]
> [Posting to debian lists is like hitting your head against a brick
> wall. It feels good when you stop - so I will after this one]

Larry Wall: "What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the sound of the
wall that people have stopped banging their heads against?"  (Sorry, it
has nothing to do with the topic at hand, it just came to mind.)

> Yes, ok, but I wouldn't call it censorship... more, a type of
> 'policing'.

Mere matter of terminology.  It *is* censorship.  Frankly, I don't see
why that word gets people all jumpy.  Censorship means taking measures
to stop people from communicating when they say something you have
decided to censor.  It doesn't imply anything about cutting out tongues
or confiscating computers.

Peter