Re: Debian as a social group and how to develop it better

Xavian-Anderson Macpherson wrote:
> On Monday 2002 December 02 02:50, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > I just tried to find SONAME using man.  How can I find out what this is?
> > > Will the LSB eliminate this?  What about the new UnitedLinux
> > > distribution.
> >
> > man ld
> Thank you!!!!
> >
> > Because the distribution uses different libraries and stuff.
> That's what I am complaining about.  Stop using different libraries.  This

Don't talk to us, Debian does it right[tm], talk to SuSE, RedHat, Mandrake,
Slackware, Conectiva, RedFlag etc. instead.  Oh, and disallow SuSE to release
four versions per year, one every two years is sufficient.

> > No, then everybody would end up having to compile everything on their
> > own.
> Why (if everything is the same), would anyone have to recomplie for binaries,
> if the binaries were made once by the packagers and remained in their
> original condition?

Because, and your assumption es totally wrong, nothing is the same,
rather than everything.

Regards,

	Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
	-- Larry Wall