Re: Debian as a social group and how to develop it better

Xavian-Anderson Macpherson wrote:
> On Monday 2002 December 02 10:05, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> > > That's what I am complaining about.  Stop using different libraries.
> >
> > How do you suggest to get over a hundret different linux distributions
> > to always run the same version of each library?
>
> Again, use the same unchanged binaries, and you will have to use the same
> libraries.  NO ONE BUT THE MAINTAINERS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE
> BINARIES.  The source code could still be available to everyone, but the
> maintainer would be responsible for implementation of new features.  I geuss
> if you have to change something, and you're not the maintainer, you should be
> allowed only to provide modules which are added on to the binaries.  Then,

Hmm... too bad, vixie cron does not provide Linux binaries but only those
for Solaris...  Please provide an emulator for solaris binaries.  Oh, and
we need it yesterday, since without cron... that's not good.

Oh, too bad vixie cron is not maintained anymore and we need to fix security
bugs on our own.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.