Re: Disputes between developers - draft guidelines

Branden Robinson writes ("Re: Disputes between developers - draft guidelines"):
> I'm not interested in having a private discussion about public issues;
> I'll reply to your points on -project without quoting your private
> message.

I don't have time right now to deal with any of the substantive stuff
that's been said, but I thought I'd just say (which I probably should
have done before):

As author I have no objection to you quoting (or indeed forwarding)
that private mail of mine anywhere.  It's not secret.

As a reader of -project I might object to you posting it on the
grounds that I think it might be a discussion about details better
conducted offline, but since you apparently feel strongly enough
(about having the discussion in private email) to reply in
circumlocutions do by all means post my original if you really want
to.

Ian.