Re: Is work on Debian community service?

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:33:42AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Duncan Findlay <duncf@debian.org> [2002.09.12.0624 +0200]:
> > Do you think work for the Debian project should be considered
> > Community Service? How about work only indirectly for Debian (i.e.
> > work on upstream projects)? How about work on other free software
> > projects?
>
> I think that high schools generally define community service to be
> something you don't like to do. Anyway, I stand behind you, would be
> happy to call it community service, and I can also vouch for hours you
> put in if you show me what you have done and tell me, honestly, how
> long it took.

Turns out my school didn't accept this. They claim to want to raise
community service to a higher level, so programming, no matter what
for is not community service, by their definition.

So, it looks like I'll be spending my next few Sundays working with
children to make crafts.

Thanks,
--
Duncan Findlay