Re: admins: please clarify /etc/motd on auric

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
> > You expect me to know where all of our machines are hosted?  I'm the SPI
> > Treasurer and I don't know that.  Maybe Mako Hill knows.
>
> No, I only expect you to be able to type date on both the remote and
> the local machine and do some maths, but apparently that seems to
> escape your facilities...
>
> Puzzled,

Don't be.  It is annoying as all hell to have to find out where I am in an
international network of machines for an international project all the time,
because people never remember to write UTC -foo.

And if you have to ask why it is annoying, well, the answer has something to
do with "local mindset", and the problems it creates for a worldwide project.

  Henrique Holschuh