Re: admins: please clarify /etc/motd on auric

Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Oh come on!  If you ask somebody on the street for the current time,
> > do you expect him to answer with a note that it's Hong Kong time instead
> > of local time?  What other time than local would make sense when not
> > stated differently?
>
> You expect me to know where all of our machines are hosted?  I'm the SPI
> Treasurer and I don't know that.  Maybe Mako Hill knows.

No, I only expect you to be able to type date on both the remote and
the local machine and do some maths, but apparently that seems to
escape your facilities...

Puzzled,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum