Re: irc.debian.org

Hi All,

Usually, I stay away from all discussions of this sort.. but this one
seems to be too political for Debian's own good.

For what I understand, most attacks on OPN seem to come from people who
do not like lilo (on a personal basis). Furthermore, the relationship
between OPN and Debian is symbiotic. We both contribute to the growth of
free software.

I can understand and appreciate lilo's goal of trying to make OPN more
professional and that takes money. All the channel does is send two
messages per day (and making it a big deal is IMHO overreacting). GNU
sells books and requests that people buy them. I do not see anyone
complaining about it.

Cutting down to the basics, OPN is not a pay channel nor does it
threaten users who do not contribute. So I see no point in moving away
from it unless the situation actually warrents it (and needless to say,
asking for donations twice a day does not warrent it)

Regards,
Vaidhy

I hate to do stuff like this..but..
I do know lilo in RL and I personally do not find him obnoxious :). But
I have not been an admin in OPN and have no idea about him management
skills.