Re: irc.debian.org

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 03:12:52PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>   - Switching networks without some significant advantage stinks of
>     politics too much for me.
>   - It increases the chances we'll have to do it again, and we lose the
>     stability that has made the network useful.

The significant advantage is that we stop endorsing a network that collects
spurious donations from our users, the people who we are supposed to help,
not help waste their money.

I think the risk to our reputation with our users over financing policies
outweighs the risk of moving them to another network.

> OFTC is too much of a wild card, which I think is clear to any detached
> observer from reading the traffic in this thread.

A wild card, as opposed to OPN, which has started an annoying and wrong
fundraising campaign, is trying to found a new charity despite the fact
lilo is an SPI advisor, and, of course, has just changed its name? :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.