Should I use Debian as a web server

To whom it may concern:
I am currently running Redhat 7.2 on a computer, and am using it as a web, ftp, mail, etc. server.  Note: I work for a non-profit organization, and setting up a server for us has been something I have done in my spare time.  Redhat has worked, not flawlessly, but it has worked.  However, lately I have been interested in switching to Debian.  My question is this:  Is Debian designed to be a server OS, or just a workstation?  Is Debian designed to (smoothly) run my daemons, or not?

Thank you very much for your time

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-project-request@lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org