Re: Fwd: Is it possible to unsubscribe from the debian-userslist?

Hmm.  That's interesting.  I recently unsubscribed from many
mailinglists, following the instructions at the bottom
of each email, and automated replys were immediately sent
to me.

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 17:53, Siward de Groot wrote:
> On wednesday Bill Stoye wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your help; I finally got off the list.
>
> so it turns out that it is possible,
>   albeit after a delay of 2 weeks.
>
> I think it is not-nice and unnecessary to keep users uninformed of the
> situation.
> As it is now, they find that unsubscribing doesnt work and listmaster
> doesnt respond,
>   until that happy day 2 weeks later.
> This seems weird for an organization that claims that the users are
> their first priority.
>
> If the problem is in the process of being solved,
>   it would be nice to receive an estimate of when this will be from
> listmaster(s).
>   (preferably in the form of a daily post to d-u, so everybody knows
> about it).
>
> As long as it is not solved, it is good manners to put a notice on the
> subscription webpage
>   saying "it may take a couple of weeks before an unsubscription request
> is processed".
> I hereby request you to put such a notice on said webpage.
>
> Out of curiosity i would like to know whether anybody offered help to
> listmasters
>   or are they just considered 'external to debian so fuck them' ?
> With all the programming talents in Debian an usubscription script
> shouldnt be hard to get right.
>
> i hope this will make Debian even better than it already is.
>
> have fun !
>
>   Siward
>

> --

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| You ask us the same question every day, and we give you    |
| the same answer every day.  Someday, we hope that you will |
| believe us...                                              |
|   Donald Rumsfeld, to a reporter                           |