All I want is a simple image!

I want to install poato on a laptop using pcmcia or serial over my home
network.  THe laptop has no os on it, and no cdrom.  I need a floppy image
to load a network-enabled image at boot time so that a minimal net can be
installed, etc.

This is a reasonable request.  Other distros provide this facility.  I have
searched in vain for the correct image to copy from my 3 CD set debian potato
installation cds.  I foundd no such image at all, and I really am not
interested in creating a new distro.

I came here to look for the image I need.  I get a gawdawful  runaround all
over the fscking worlddwide waste of time but NO USEFUL IMAGE!!!

For crying out cornflakes!!!  Put an easily accessible image ON ALL YOUR
DISTROS.  You may be politically correct, but you are making it unnecessarily
difficult to actually install anything!  TO hell with installation - I can't
even FIND anything.  I want to get my software, download it and disconect.  I
do  not want to  spent the rest of my life wandering helplessly all over all
your mirrors searching in vain for something that OUGHT to be  easily and
intuitively accessible.  THe fact that the image I need SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON MY
CD SET IN THE *FIRST* PLACE just makes me MORE irate!  So does the lack   of
sleep I experienced (I  have not slept in over 36 hours) Being tossed
heaartlessly from mirror to mirrror with ever diminishing odds of finding what
I need.

I DO NOT want to apt get over my 56k phone connection.  I have everything I
need except the image.

It is really cruel and unusual punishment for you to not provide a
network-enabled installation image with your distros.  I have wasted an entire
night looking for somehing that does not exist.  I do not want a tour.  I want
the image.

Why dont you just provide tarballs of packages?  I am sick of having to delete
all the damned info and man and doc pages on my tiny 250MB disks so that /usr
can actually load SOFTWARE!  I have all the info on my bigger systems.

SO provide easily accessible images and make your software intuitively
accessable.  For those of us who do our own compiles,  tarballs would be a
nice alternative to the apt-get-what-you-dont-want-but-have-to-swallow-anyway
system  that really becomes tiresome after several years.

You guys are not stupid, and neither are your users.  But PLEASE  dont make
your website a twisty maze of passages all alike that all lead nowhere.

I would hate to have to  downgrade to redhat, but *THEY* provide the precise
type of images I need forr the kind of installation I have to do.  I have
wasted 3 days reading  all the fscking documentation but I NEED my laptop
working!  Your non-system is completely hindering me!

I will have put the hard drive into another machine that has a cdrom drive in
order to install the software, then transfer the hard drive back to its
intended machine.  THis is a violent and potentially destructive installation
method which could potentially ruin 2 perfectly useful machines and their hard
drives, but debian clearly leaves me no alternative.

IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE THIS HARD!!!!!  SHAME ON YOU!!!

.Tami
 .signature: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected

tami@gnu.org
Austin, Tx.