Re: All I want is a simple image!

* tami@gnu.org <tami@gnu.org> [020422 10:55]:
> I would hate to have to  downgrade to redhat, but *THEY* provide the precise

I find it amusing that most redhatites really hate how debianites turn
this whole linux thing into a distribution war, and then the users want
to use this supposed war to make us do things for them?  Debian isn't
the same as all the other distributions.

If you feel you get your software better from another source, I'm not
about to stop you.

As to 'reduced' size packages without documentation debian isn't geared
towards.  Theres been offshoots out there that have reduced the size of
the distribution for embedded projects, but most people just accept
these days that 250mb drives just aren't big enough for a full featured
system.

I think you can find many people who are annoyed when they find a system
without adequate local documentation.

I'm interested in creating better (automated, in my case, is the focus)
install paths, but I'm not around here just to go copy another
distribution.  If I was going to do that, I would just run the other
distribution instead.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/