Re: Spam

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 03:47:10PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> How do we solve the problem then? I think the answer is easy, just
> make some good law against spam. Punish the people who send spam. That
> would *solve* the problem, not work around it. So instead of just the
> your country.

I think that encouraging politicians to pass laws about the content
of email is a bad and dangerous thing to do.  Do you really think
that an anti-spam law will be carefully written to target only
spam, and that their idea of spam corresponds to yours?  Do you really
think they will stop there, once they have a solid precedent for
legislating against unpopular content on the net?

--
Richard Braakman
Will write free software for money.