Re: Spam

Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org> writes:

> > The answer is to moderate the list, as the Apache Software
> > Foundations successfully does.

> No.  I _hate_ it when somebody cross-posts to a moderated list I'm
> not a member of.  I have flamed everybody involved in the past for
> doing this stupid shit.  If debian moderates its lists, I _will_
> leave the project.

Why?  The first time you send an email, it gets delayed a bit while
waiting for a moderator to approve your address.  It's just not really
that inconvenient.  I could see it being annoying if you got automated
messages, your mail didn't get through, and so forth, but that doesn't
happen.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/