Re: New project: Debian-Med

At Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:46:12 +0100 (CET),
Tille, Andreas <TilleA@rki.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> a new year seems to be the right starting point for a new project :).
>
> So here we are:
>
>       ____         _      _                       __  __            _
>      |  _ \   ___ | |__  (_)  __ _  _ __         |  \/  |  ___   __| |
>      | | | | / _ \| '_ \ | | / _` || '_ \  _____ | |\/| | / _ \ / _` |
>      | |_| ||  __/| |_) || || (_| || | | ||_____|| |  | ||  __/| (_| |
>      |____/  \___||_.__/ |_| \__,_||_| |_|       |_|  |_| \___| \__,_|

Sounds great!
UNIX systems seems going to be used in hospitals and clinics,
and there's already one based on Debian as far as i know.
So it maybe nice of us to provide a service specific to medicine.

I know two kinds of dictionary for life science including medicine of course,
one for English spell check and the other for Japanese Kana-to-Kanji
conversion. They seem non-free, but worth including i guess.

Here is the URL:
http://lsd.pharm.kyoto-u.ac.jp/index.html

BTW, Minoru seems derived from Japanese word... Does it have something to
do with Japanese thing?

Thanks,

	hirot, commented as a student of medicine :)