Re: Fear the new maintainer process

Hi. excuse me to have rant on the list.

In <[🔎] u1h8zuo4yro.fsf@alice-whacker.mit.edu>,  on 26 Jul 2000 12:55:23 -0400,
 tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) wrote:

> In my case, nobody ever informed me that a three-week deadline, or
> whatever it is, existed.

For the record, it is not "three-week deadline".  I wrote that
I will wait for other two weeks at first, then after the mail
from Marcus, update it to "more several weeks".

I wrote on the nm database as my comment that I have been waiting
for your reply two weeks with the hope that you can check your
status on that page even if my mails are lost.

Then I have found the mail from you on the debian-vote list.
Since I wish to contact you, it is natural for me to post
the mail on the list with my hope that someone can find and
inform you about it even if you can not detect this yourself.

We don't have too much time as well as you.  So don't blame that
we have not inform about our discussion much enough.

We have been trying to do so by our nm-discuss mailig list,
our "New Maintainer's corner" Web pages, and our nm database
web site (http://nm.debian.org/).

And I have at least tried to catch you by all means I think of,
and I am happy to get your reply.  Now let's go to the process.

> Consider it from my point of view:  I sent mail, a LONG time ago,
> inquiring about becoming listed as a developer.  Nothing happened, at
> all.  Then, months and months later, one email arrives, that says
> basically "hi, I've been assigned to be your application manager, we
> need identification and a signed GPG key."
>
> Nothing said "Please respond to this right away".  Nothing said
> "answer in two weeks or you lose".  Nothing said "be more responsive
> to us than we were to you".  So how was I to know that an "extension"
> (an utterly new thing in the process) was to be asked for, given that
> I was not able to reply quickly?

I have sent my second mail two weeks after the first mail.
And I wrote that I need your reply soon in that mail.
But it does not matter for me.  If you can respond, then
I can start the processing of your application.

Please concentrate to the required things.
--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>