Re: Please reply soon, or I could not proceed (Re: how to be a rude bastard?)

Hi.

In <[🔎] u1h7la84ylh.fsf@alice-whacker.mit.edu>,
 on "26 Jul 2000 12:59:06 -0400",
 with "Re: Please reply soon, or I could not proceed (Re: how to be a rude  bastard?)",
  tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) wrote:

tb> I was utterly unaware that a rapid response was suddenly required.
tb> Perhaps this should be made more clear in the new web page and the
tb> contact email that gets sent out.

Well, I see.

tb> *NOTHING* in the documentation of the process says anything about how
tb> long steps should take, and given the fact that getting from step 1 to
tb> step 2 took about four months of waiting on my part, I assumed that
tb> nobody was that intent on keeping things moving at a rapid clip.

Since our New NM team have worked along the "test drive" until recently,
so we admit the backlog has grown up now.  We all seriously think about
to catch up the speed of the growing the queue now.

tb> No complaints, except for the lack of good documentation... ;)

Dale also request me to make clear that the "reject" on AM does not
mean the permanent rejection, but in fact it does mean just to put
it back into the repository for the time that applicant will apply
his/her again.

If you have any proposal, then please let me know.
I'll work for improvement for the description on our web page
 <http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint>

Thanks.
--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>