Re: On the lets-remove-nonfree-proposal

Hi Steve,

I think you are making this parallels up.

> Again, this not specifically aimed at Marcus, it's just a convenient
> text to work from, because it's so easy to search-and-replace to
> generate *exactly* the attitude with which some of the GR supporters,
> including John Goerzen[1], have treated those who disagree with them.

It's not exactly the attitude. You are referencing the following message:

If this is all you have to back up your point, I have to say it is rather
weak. I have not seen something like the "you are all proprietary software
zealots" related to this topic. (Now I should probably go on and provide
message ids proving my point. If you really want them, I will deliver
them later).

> I'm enormously tired of this argument, but *both* sides have argued both
> rationally and irrationally, and both sides have treater the other with
> both respect and disdain, as a simple perusal of the archives will show.
> It has not been our finest hour.

I was not making a general statement about the quality of discussion on
either side. I was addressing a particular point, the reiteration of a false
ad hominem. I think Hamish was understanding me, and he adressed it by making
a valuable contribution to the discussion, more carefully explaining his
point of this matter. His post helped me to understand his position.

What you are trying now is to turn my argumentation against me. In this case
it will not work. There are so many better (=real) arguments for keeping
non-free, why don't you just stick to those?

It would make this discussion so much less inflammatory.

Thanks,
Marcus