Proposed amendment to Manoj's proposal
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Branden Robinson haws proposed the following ammendment to Manoj's
4. The Developers by way of General Resolution or election
Together, the Developers may:
1. Appoint or recall the Project Leader.
2. Amend this constitution, provided they agree with a 3:1 majority.
3. Override any decision by the Project Leader or a Delegate.
4. Override any decision by the Technical Committee, provided they
agree with a 2:1 majority.
- - 5. Issue nontechnical policy documents and statements.
+ 5. Issue, modify, and withdraw nontechnical policy documents and
These include documents describing the goals of the project, its
relationship with other free software entities, and nontechnical
policies such as the free software licence terms that Debian
software must meet.
They may also include position statements about issues of the day.
6. Together with the Project Leader and SPI, make decisions about
property held in trust for purposes related to Debian. (See
Rationale: The clause being modified has been seen recently to be quite
ambiguous. Since the original wording appeared to be amenable to two
wildly different interpretations, this change adds clarifying language to
the constitution about _changing_ or withdrawing nontechnical documents.
Furthermore, this amended proposal does not include any orthogonal issues
such as whether there exist any specific nontechnical documents that
should require unusual amendment procedures. I think such issues should
be decided on separately, since it is quite possible that reasonable
developers can feel that the above is a reasonable clarification of the
Constitution with such belief necessitating a particular position on the
issues of special nontechnical documents, their identity, or their
I second this proposed ammendment.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|_) _ |_ Robert D. Hilliard <email@example.com>
|_) (_) |_) 1294 S.W. Seagull Way <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Palm City, FL USA PGP Key ID: A8E40EB9