Re: On the lets-remove-nonfree-proposal

Am Mit, 19 Jul 2000 12:36:39 Hamish Moffatt Sie:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 02:49:11AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > For the same reason that the existing Debian mob dictates why you may not
> > upload certain packages to main.  What the Project decides to do, we do.
>
> Perhaps GR supporters could lead by example and stop uploading their
> evil non-free packages to debian.org?

I find it hard to believe that you can't imagine that someone
can support the GR and still use and maintain non-free software
(and if the GR passes to do it outside of Debian).

How often could one read accusions that supporters of the GR are
narrow-minded free software zealots, fanatics even. Now you find
out that this is not the case, and you are still complaining.

It seems that nothing a supporter of the GR can do will convince
you that they are (at least some of them) rational, sensible people.

Instead, opposers of the GR tried to push the supporters in a
radical position. Now they find out that this is not the case,
and find themself loosing this argument. To continue arguing
about this issue in this way is really a poor style of
argumentation, and shows that you have done little to try to
understand the stance of the supporters of the GR how they see it.

Thanks,
Marcus