Get yer hotbutton flameage here! (was Re: Let's air out our dirty laundry in public)

On Dec 30, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> writes:
> > > As for naming names, it's a matter of accountability.  Yes, NM is
> > > messed up.  Now we need to make sure NM doesn't get messed up again,
>
> James Troup wrote:
> > Oh, by the way, Chris, whatever happened to you taking over the m68k
> > webpages?  As you promised to do n months ago?
>
> *Ouch*

Yes, it's "take a cheap shot" time on -project.

For the record, James asked on the m68k builders list for volunteers,
and (sucker that I am) I did.  Michael Schmitz posted some
suggestions.  I said I'd look into it.  I did, figured out I didn't
have write access, and then some other bright shiny object grabbed my
attention and I barely thought about it since.  This was in May, after
the pages had already lain dormant for about 7-8 months.

Of course, now it's too late to do anything about it, since we all
know that the world is going to end sometime in the next 30 hours,
depending on what time zone Armageddon selected.

In the meantime, I've emailed another of our project's plethora of
Jameses with a request for write access.  Side-bets encouraged on
which happens first.

In a related note, I'd like to donate a 68020-based Amiga for use as
master, if the mailer is going to be DFSG-free, not have the BSD
advertising clause, and only relay spam from Linux-related IPOs... I
figure we could just combine all our favorite flame topics in one
message.  Oh, and no quake source, but we will export DeCSS just
because we can.

Now back to our flamewar in progress...

Chris
|       Chris Lawrence       |   You have a computer.  Do you have Linux?   |
|  <quango@watervalley.net>  |     http://www.linux-m68k.org/index.html     |
|    Open Directory Editor   |         Visit the Amiga Web Directory        |
|      http://dmoz.org/      |        http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html       |