Re: Proposed change to Debian constitution

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 01:14:11PM +0000, Alexander Koch wrote:
> Following (even your) comments on IRC and in mails I
> permanently got the (unwritten) message it is a too
> important part of Debian anyway and "we are working
> on it" - thus not giving room to either improvement
> or help being offered.

and,

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 04:22:20PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Assuming there are issues beside the technical one, something I am not
> convinced of at all. This has been beaten to death on another list though.

And voila, the whining whereof I spoke. Perhaps I'm just being overly
sensitive because we've got a referendum coming up this Saturday in
Australia and I'm just getting really fed up with content-free political
stunts, but all this pointless fingerpointing really shits me. Sure,
n-m is completely fucked right now. But telling Joey who elitist and
incompetent and unfit for the job he is isn't doing anyone any good.

Seriously, guys, if you want to help, _help_. We've already had a
request from the DPL for people who're willing to do the whole gambit of
new-maintainer activities, in the same message that details what those
activities probably ought to be. If there's been some misunderstandings
in the past, how about we clear them up, rather than try to work out
whose fault it was? Yeesh.

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds