Re: Proposed change to Debian constitution

On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 09:42:48AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 04:22:20PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > Assuming there are issues beside the technical one, something I am not
> > convinced of at all. This has been beaten to death on another list though.
>
> And voila, the whining whereof I spoke.

Bullshit. My whole point is that the whining was on the other side.

> But telling Joey who elitist and
> incompetent and unfit for the job he is isn't doing anyone any good.

You got it backwards. It's the nm-team who put down anyone who tried to
help. Do I need to get back to my mail archive to rub your nose in it?

To turn to a more constructive topic:

> Seriously, guys, if you want to help, _help_. We've already had a
> request from the DPL for people who're willing to do the whole gambit of
> new-maintainer activities, in the same message that details what those
> activities probably ought to be. If there's been some misunderstandings
> in the past, how about we clear them up, rather than try to work out
> whose fault it was? Yeesh.

I don't need to swallow this. I tried all I can to bring the nm-discussion
to a good end. Please compare wicherts original proposal, my input to it,
and the input of many other people such as Phillip Hands, Adam Harris and
so on, and then look at Wicherts updated proposal on -project.

>From my point of view, it got even worse, and it has not moved just a little
bit towards an acceptable proposal for me. See? Not only this, my criticism
was not responded to in public by the proposer. I also contacted Wichert at
IRC and mailed him privately to summarize my points.

What else can I do? The only thing left in my book is to pull the
constitution, forming a counter proposal and bring it to a general
resolution. I am still hesitant to do this, for obvious reasons.

If you have any good suggestions about how I can try to help any more then I
already did, without resigning (from what I leave to your imagination), then
you are more than welcome to let me know. By simply ignoring the criticism
the proposer manoevers me into a situation where I have only very few
choices. For a discussion, you always need two participants.

Please don't take it personal, I don't want to add to your stress level. I
am not offended, but my frustration is real, and the questions I reaised are
serious.

Marcus