Re: Multifunction laser printer with free scanner drivers?

Quoting Brian Potkin (2018-03-16 15:11:51)
> On Fri 16 Mar 2018 at 14:16:14 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
> > Quoting Brian Potkin (2018-03-16 13:09:31)

> > > The licence includes the section:
> > >
> > >  Further, Brother shall have no liability to disclose and/or distribute
> > >  the source code of the Software to User. In no case shall the above
> > >  license by Brother to modify, alter, translate or otherwise prepare
> > >  derivative works of the Software be construed as Brother's implied
> > >  agreement or undertakings to disclose and/or distribute the source code
> > >  of the Software.
> >
> > Thanks for noticing.  Would you mind filing a bugreport against
> > licensecheck to get it to detect that oddity?
> >
> > I might get around to implement it in any case, but a bigreport helps me
> > not forget, and gives you the credit you deserve :-)
>
> I really wouldn't know how to effectively formulate a report for this
> class of bug. So.....

I was thinking a bug of severity "wishlist", suggesting that
licensecheck implemented detection of above quoted phrase in relation to
detecting GPL, flagging that as non-GPL licensing.

...but a quick search at codesearch.debian.net (which is limited to
line-based search!) for "shall have no liability to disclose" gives no
hits, so maybe it is overkill for licensecheck to handle this
peculiarity.

 - Jonas