Re: [Printing-architecture] Upstream future of ippusbxd

On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 15:59 -0300, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> 2. Create an organization named OpenPrinting on GitHub and move
> ippusbxd to there. Move also the other projects to there converting
> them to GIT.

One very big advantage of using GitHub is that you get to use tools
like Travis CI/Jenkins for continuous integration easily, so that every
time a change is made or proposed you can see whether it will break the
build. If there was a test suite, it could also run that. You can also
link projects to coverity-scan for free usage. Here's an example using
both those things:
https://travis-ci.org/twaugh/patchutils/builds/70706661

(I think coverity defects are only visible to the project owner.)

GitHub also has a useful mini-patch-review system. When anyone submits
a pull request from their own repository or from a branch in the main
project, you can comment on individual lines that are changed.

> And then keep Bugzilla on OpenPrinting or use the GitHub issue
> tracker instead?

If you wanted to stick with Bugzilla there's a GitHub webhook to
integrate with it. (I've never used it myself.)
https://github.com/github/github-services/blob/master/docs/bugzilla

I think all those things happen automatically with GitHub's issue
tracker.

Tim.
*/