Re: [Printing-architecture] Upstream future of ippusbxd

Hi,

When Till and I talked about this on yesterday's OP monthly call,
we concluded that keeping ippusbxd in a separate package was
the best choice.  Till said that he would move the code to a Git
repository (I hope this pleases you Tim) and link it off the Open
Printing website.

If anyone objects to keeping ippusbxd in a separate package,
please speak up now.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic@gmail.com
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@suse.de> wrote:

Hello,

On Jul 7 12:02 James Cloos wrote (excerpt):
"TK" == Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter@gmail.com> writes:
TK> I am thinking about joining [ippusbxd] into the cups-filters
TK> upstream package to not have too many tiny packages
JC>> licenses are incompatible.  (GPL2 vs Apache2).
If, after some time, anyone looks ast the code and thinks
that something can be merged or thst one set of code could
be improved by incorporating something from the other set,
they need to know the legal limitations.

This is a good example how it could happen that accidentally
convoluted code is made with unexpected interdependencies
(in this case there are legal interdependencies) and why
it is probably better to keep separated things separated.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)