Re: Ghostscript 9.09 released upstream, Debian on 9.05

Quoting Bastien ROUCARIES (2013-08-28 12:30:18)
> Le 28 août 2013 11:28, "Jonas Smedegaard" <[1]dr@jones.dk> a écrit :
>>
>> Quoting Bastien ROUCARIES (2013-08-28 09:41:53)
>>> Without so bump and transition of libcms because abi breakage is
>>> subbtle (change of padding on structure...), code will compile fine,
>>> function will be called but crash will be at run time.
>>
>> Thanks for the clarification.  Seems irrelevant for me, though, as I
>> am working on Debian, where I believe it will be properly taken care
>> of, even if possible by hand to do a broken compilation.
>
> Yes but it means manual so bump whereas upstream keep the old so name
> and coordination  with release team

Still seems irrelevant for me.

Let me be more explicit: It sounds like an issue relevant to discuss
with the package maintainers of lcms2.  This bug is about Ghostscript.

Even more specifically, please go read http://bugs.debian.org/701993#27
written by... *you*!?!

Why do you bring up this issue well-known to both of us, and insist even
after I argue it is irrelevant here?  Am I missing something?

 - Jonas