Re: Ghostscript 9.09 released upstream, Debian on 9.05

Quoting Bastien ROUCARIES (2013-08-28 09:41:53)
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
>> Quoting Bastien ROUCARIES (2013-08-28 07:32:21)

>>> For libcms breakage is abi not api so build log could succeed but
>>> result will be interesting without so bump and transition
>>
>> Sorry, I don't follow wht you are saying above.  Please elaborate.
>
> Without so bump and transition of libcms because abi breakage is
> subbtle (change of padding on structure...), code will compile fine,
> function will be called but crash will be at run time.

Thanks for the clarification.  Seems irrelevant for me, though, as I am
working on Debian, where I believe it will be properly taken care of,
even if possible by hand to do a broken compilation.

Not very relevant now (Till already explained there is no logs tied to
his success), but I meant logs from build daemons - logs that include
versions of packages satisfying explicitly declared build-dependencies.

 - Jonas