Re: Ghostscript CMap files

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:49:47 +0100
Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> Cc'ing package maintainer of poppler-data...!

 Hi, Jonas. Long time no see from NYC :)

> Duplicated code in Debian is a problem.

 Yes, yes. I know poppler-data and cmap-adobe* has duplicated mapping data.
 - cmap-adobe comes from the highest upstream (Adobe), but no versioning scheme
   for release.
 - poppler-data bundles some cmap-adobe code to make it easier to use.
   And other distros (like Fedora or so) also use poppler-data.

 Since I'm poppler-data package maintainer, I want to continue to keep it.
 poppler-data - It's simple, package name compatibility with other Distro.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane