Re: libre firmware and Raptor Computing devices?

On Wednesday, August 24, 2022, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On the open firmware Debian wiki page, I note that Raptor Computing
> ppc64el devices have libre Ethernet firmware but that this firmware is
> not yet available in Debian. I read elsewhere that Raptor devices also
> have a libre boot firmware and BMC firmware but I haven't yet found the
> firmware projects that are useful for that.

there's a replacement BMC card ca!led the Arctic Tern
with dual ECP5 FPGAs that is capable of running LPC
boot. in theory its RGMII GbE could be made available
to the Power9 OS but PCIe on ECP5 using entirely libre
FPGA HDL and tools (nextpnr-ecp5) has to be completed
first.

the AST2600 has some bullshit library managing GPIO,
and ASpeed refuse to provide the source. probably
because of the plaintext silicon-hardcoded serial
console admin password.

l.

--
---