Re: libre firmware and Raptor Computing devices?

On Wed, 2022-08-24 at 03:15 +0200, Karl wrote:

> Project Ortega is the libre firmware for the BCM5719. Update through fwupd

Personally I very much dislike fwupd/LVFS as a place to distribute
firmware from, since it is designed for proprietary vendor firmware.

It doesn't have build logs, doesn't distribute source alongside
binaries (but allows links instead), doesn't have reproducible builds,
doesn't require libre build tools for libre firmware.

I think libre firmware should be in Debian just like libre software.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise